Tuesday, December 1, 2009

† Futurama's Zap Brannigan †

There are many crazy and funny characters exist in Futurama series produced by Matt Groening. I find Zap Branningan is one of the funniest characters that makes me laugh a lot whenever I watch Futurama.

Zap is the captain of the military of Democratic Order Of Planet, also known as D.O.O.P. The funny thing about this crazy captain is his forever thick-skinned cocky attitude. The one standing beside Zap is his military assistant, a gentle and polite alien known as Kiff.

Zap envisions himself as the lady-man and always think that all girls are attracted to him. One of his biggest failure was his attempt to get Leela but ended up got beaten up badly by Leela.

Many approaches and attempts had been made by Zap in order to win Leela's heart. This is one of Zap's funniest moment, singing his self-composed song with the title 'LEELA' in order to show off his talent.


The lyrics are funny and if you read it properly, it doesn't make any sense at all. The lyric goes like this:
I met her in a club down in Soho,
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like Coca-cola,
C-O-L-A... Cola...
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance,
I ask her her name and in a dark brown voice she said,
Leela!! L-E-E-L-A... Leela!! Ba da ba ba ba... Ba da ba ba ba...
LEEEEEEEEEEELAAAAAA... Ba da ba ba bum!

No comments:

Post a Comment