Thursday, January 7, 2010

† My Lenovo S10-2 †


What a sad moment... My 5 year-old HP Pavilion DV1000 laptop has finally 'dead'. It has suffered from impaired battery life, dysfunctional altered audio speaker, discoloration of the LCD screen and sometimes there's this electric current transmitted from the metal piece on its keyboard.

Laptop is a very important tool to me and I must bring it no matter where I go. However I realize that carrying a 2.3kg laptop around is not as easy as you think. Thus I've decided to change my taste by going for something really small which is a netbook.

It wasn't easy to make your choice because there are so many types of nice netbook around you. Toshiba, Fujitsu, Asus, Acer, Dell, HP, etc... I realize the expensive ones are brands like Toshiba and Fujitsu whereas cheaper ones are Acer and Dell. Its really not easy to choose because certain brands are expensive and cheerful but some are cheap and nasty. Its all depend on what you're looking for.


Finally I've decided to get Lenovo's S10-2. You might ask me why. Well there, first of all, it only costs me RM1299 and it has Windows 7. There's also another model of S10-2 that only costs RM1199 but its running in Windows XP.

What I like about Lenovo S10-2:
1. Its light and small. Without the battery, I think its less than 1.2kg.
2. Slim and the design looks good.
3. It has sufficient amount of USB ports, in total of 3.
4. Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz | 1GB DDR2 | 160GB HDD | 10.1″ LCD are considered not bad.
5. The keyboard is better than my father's Fujitsu netbook. Its easier to type somehow.

What I don't like about Lenovo S10-2
1. No express card slot.
2. Protruding battery because the battery seems a little bit bulky.
3. Only 1GB RAM... Why can't it be 2GB?

Well there, I hope this piece of little netbook will last me for at least 5 years and of course it all depends on how am I going to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment