Monday, June 7, 2010

Commitmentphobic


If I were about to choose my biggest fear, it would have been fear of commitment, especially in relationships.


What is commitmentphobic?


I googled on this issue, & this article seems to give the best description on commitmentphobic.



"Commitment phobia is the fear and avoidance of having to commit to anything, relationships in particular.

Usually the sufferer will be overly critical of the other partner in the relationship. They will set out to annoy or hurt the other person, thus sabotaging the relationship even if its thought to be going well.

people with commitment phobia can be flirtatious and affectionate and appear to want a relationship until the fear wins out and the other person is pushed away, broken hearted.

The causes of commitment phobia are sometimes associated with a loss or trauma of some kind such as parental separation or bereavement. Maybe as a child they had poor role models or witnessed/were victims of abuse.

This can have an effect on their approach to adult relationships. Often, at the heart of the fear, is the fear of rejection by others. To pre-empt this they will reject first, impose distance between themselves and others and thus feel safe."



I hate to say this, but I can say 90% of this article is true. I am one of the perfect examples of a person who suffers from commitmentphobic. I’ve been single for TWENTY YEARS. I’ve never been in relationship just because of my fear. I broke hearts of guys who sincerely love me. I dunno when this curse will end. Just when I start to have connection with a guy, I will be freaking out. Damn. I'll start to make lots of excuses. And guys will perceive me as not being serious in having relationship and will eventually leave me.(even at first, they would say, "oh, baby i will wait for u! *bullshit*)


The thing is I’m just scared. I might be afraid to confess. Too afraid to make a move. Afraid that the relationship won’t last long. Fear that he will leave me someday. I just cant simple erase all these feelings.






But, I’m hoping there would be a guy who’s willing to wait until my fear is over. And he might be the ‘cure’ for my disease as being the one who will break the curse. =)



Quote of the day:

“ Love and fear cannot exist in the same space" unknown author



No comments:

Post a Comment