Monday, June 28, 2010

Pre-Homesick Syndrome


I’ve been away for almost 2 years now, and I can’t believe myself that I still suffer from this syndrome.



Pre-homesick syndrome adalah perasaan tak nak balik belajar Shah Alam yang membuak-buak rentetan daripada cuti panjang serta perasaan takut untuk menghadapi liku-liku dan ranjau hidup di tempat orang. (Cehh!) *Haha*



This happens to me EACH time, after a very long, relaxing, exciting holiday at home. What I’m afraid of, really? It’s not like this is the first freaking time that I will be away from my family.




Negative sides of Me.


The thing is, this semester begins with 10 weeks of lectures and the only break would be only during Raya. Starting from next semester, I cannot balik sesuka hati during weekend because SMF will be having lots of activities and It’s gonna be quite hectic. Kalau dulu, rasa homesick je, I’ll look for a cheap flight ticket or bus ticket just to go home and melepas rindu.



And I hate my new class schedule. There are so many gaps in between classes. Nak buat apa kan? Nak tidur pun serba salah takut tertinggal kelas. Then, there will be class at 4pm, which is usually masa untuk aku meniduri diri (Oh, that sounds so wrong.haha)



And the main reason is, I’m gonna miss my crazy, amazing, loud family so freaking baddd. I had so much fun of doing nothing at home. Usik adik-adik, hangout ngan family, shopping ngan mama and sis, the crazy food that will be served depan mata (masakan mama terbaik!), no chores (I don’t have to do my laundry!) etc.. Oh, im so gonna miss all that!! =( And as tak ramai dah kat rumah nanti, I’m worried about Mama. She’s not really well. Who will look after her? *sedih* Family matters the most to me, as Mama told me, “Ingat orang yang kita sayang ni memang menyakitkan.” Yeah, it hurts. If only Law course is offered in Kelantan. *sigh*




Positive sides of me


Dear self,



Tolong lah ingat, belajar untuk siapa? Untuk Allah and family. You’re away to pursue your dreams, to make your family proud of you. There’s no used of being so down, you need to WAKE UP, Fatin!! You’re one strong girl!! New semester, new hopes, new attitudes! You used to tell yourself, “ The best way to be happy is by not thinking too much” So, pleaseeeeee. I beg you dear self, janganlah down-down macam ni lagi.



Tak banyak cuti this semester? Weekend dah susah nak balik? I’m sure you gonna figure that out. Plan awal-awal bila weekend yang betul-betul free then you can always go home. But on the other side, cuti tak banyak is quite good. Sebab each time bila cuti, bila nak balik Shah Alam. Pre-Homesick Syndrome, again!



The new class schedule. Bila tengok balik, I think the schedule is quite OK. I dun mind class at 8.30am but when it comes to the gaps, masa tu lah boleh balik rumah sewa, rest, tanpa terkejar-kejar for next class kan. Kalau dulu, class finished at 12.20, balik rumah dah almost 1.00, pastu nak kejar-kejar pergi kelas at 2.00 pulak. It was tiring kan. But with the new schedule, at least boleh relax sikit.



Missing your family? You can always give ‘em a ring. Nak-nak lagi Mama dah ada FB now, boleh la sentiasa contact.You need to be independent. Malu lah anak sulung macam ni. Malu dekat adik-adik yang dekat asrama. You need to give good examples. Furthermore, kat sana nanti ramai kawan-kawan that are always there for you, your bestfriends, housemates, classmates. I’m sure you gonna have amazing time with them. *Wink* Ingat, whenever you feel sad or down, don’t ever be alone. Nanti jadi lagi sedih.





Whatever it is, it’s in your hands. To be positive or not to be, it’s your choice. InsyaAllah this coming semester would be just fine and who knows, It will be one of the best semesters ever?





Quotes of the day:


One you placed negative thoughts with positives one, you'll start having positive results ~ Willie Nelson



Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. ~Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book



Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler

No comments:

Post a Comment